We will be retiring the Alexa.com Top Sites and Alexa.com Web Information Service APIs on December 15, 2022.
We are proud to have had you as customers.
Thank you sincerely,
The Alexa.com Team
When is the last day I can get data via the API?
- December 15, 2022 UTC will be the last day you can get data via the API.
What will happen to any scripts that continue to run after the API is unavailable?
- If you have a script that continuously runs or has a scheduled run, the script should be turned off before December 15, 2022. If it is not, the script will only receive "410 GONE" errors starting on December 15, 2022.
Will I be charged for my requests?
- Yes, you will continue to be charged for all requests made prior to December 15, 2022. Any requests made on or after December 15, 2022 UTC will not result in a charge.
What will happen to any data I have downloaded after the API is unavailable?
- Any data you have already received from the API will not be affected. Starting on December 15, 2022 all data will be removed from the API. Any requests for data you make after that date will receive a "410 GONE" error.
I compared the API data with alexa.com. Will alexa.com remain active?
- No, alexa.com was retired on May 1, 2022 UTC.
Can I access similar sites, audience overlap, keyword, traffic sources, or engagement data via API?
- No, we do not offer this data via API.
I have another question related to the alexa.com site.
- Please refer to the alexa.com site deprecation notice here: We retired Alexa.com on May 1, 2022